Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Your body, Your temple.

I'm on a journey to be healthy physically, mentally, and spiritually. I haven't been super successful so far but I am trying. When you are working toward a big change, at some points, all that matters is that your not giving up.

I have been reading my bible and trying to work on my relationship with The Lord. I recently read 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit that is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body."

Wow. I have been a Christian my whole life. I was saved at a young age, grew up in church. I was raised by Godly parents. My dad is the chairman of the deacons and Sunday school director and my mom taught Sunday school and was the women on mission director. I have done many bible studies, listened to hundreds of sermons, and even read this verse a million times. Never did it sink in until now.

I have a new perspective.
My body is a temple. The Holy Spirit lives in my temple. My temple does not belong to me, it belongs to The Lord. I am to glorify The Lord through my temple.

Is that fatty, greasy food I just ate glorifying The Lord? Is it helping nourish my temple so that I am strong, confident, and ready to serve The Lord in whatever He may call me to do? Is it pleasing to The Lord that I am over weight and unhealthy? No. I am destroying my temple with my bad choices.

My new motivation is the thought of what amazing things God can use me for if I prepare my temple. What wonderful things can come from the strength and confidence I will gain? The possibilities are endless!


No comments:

Post a Comment